- Waste strategy development
- Technology assessments (including gasification, pyrolysis etc.)
- Feasibility studies / business case preparation
- Technical due diligence of projects and technologies
- Site assessment
- Conceptual design and layout
- Risk and opportunity assessment
- Project structuring and procurement planning
- Value engineering
- Preparation of technical specifications and tender documents
- Evaluation of proposals, negotiations and contract closure
- Contract management
- Supervision and inspection during design, construction and commissioning
- Site management and HSE
Waste to Energy facilities
A robust thermal waste-to-energy facility is the cornerstone of most modern waste management systems. A waste-to-energy facility may generate a range of energy outputs: electricity, district heating, steam for industrial processes, desalinated seawater or district cooling. In this way, residual waste – i.e. waste that cannot be recycled in an economic or environmentally beneficial way – can become a resource by turning it into energy for the benefit of people, businesses, countries and the environment.
A waste-to-energy facility can therefore be a valuable local source of secure, stable and climate-friendly energy. It will substitute fossil fuels and contribute to national energy self-sufficiency and will in many cases fully eliminate the need for landfilling.
Our knowledge and experience of how to best plan, procure and manage the implementation of waste-to-energy projects, in combination with our detailed technical knowledge of the involved mechanical and electrical equipment, underpins our strong position in the market.
We assist our clients through all phases of the project – from idea to operation – and the combination of our experience and expertise means that we can provide no-learning-curve client support at every step of the project.